ADSM-L

Re: reconcile problems

1997-10-15 16:15:27
Subject: Re: reconcile problems
From: Andreas Landhaeusser <Andreas.Landhaeusser AT DLR DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 22:15:27 +0200
On Wed, 15 Oct 1997, Tor-Erik Larsen wrote:

Hi Tor-Erik,

I has the same problem for a quite long time, BTW the migration run ok,
but the dsmreconcile created the same error messages.

> I have problems with dsmreconcile.
> My reconcile process stops after updateing the candidate list. I Get
> following message on the command line:
>

> Reconciling '/data/data01' file system:
>   Reading the current premigration database...
>          Read 0 entries
>   Querying the ADSM server for a list of migrated files...
>          Received 233862 entries
>   Querying the ADSM server for a list of backed up files...
> ANS9082W dsmreconcile: error encountered while reconciling file system
> /data/data01.
>

> In the dsmerror log I find these messages:
>
> 10/08/1997 07:59:09  pmtIterator:LoadInCorePmigList, got a NULL from
> dbm_fetch!
> 10/08/1997 07:59:09  pmtDelete: Cannot delete record from premig database:
> /data/data01/.SpaceMan/premigrdb
> , No such file or directory
> 10/08/1997 08:36:50  DoReconcile: InitReconcile failed /data/data01, rc: 102
> 10/08/1997 08:40:47  ANS9082W dsmreconcile: error encountered while
> reconciling file system /data/data01.

IBM suggested this to a collegue of me:

>Ingo Grassmann wrote:
>>  18324  -  Looks like the premigration databases are corrupted.  ( I
don't know
>>  how they got that way.)  My suggestion for is for them to do the
following:
>>      o   Make sure they have the latest level of code (2.1.0.6G).
>>      o   Remove premigrdb.dir and premigrdb.pag files in .SpaceMan
directories.
>>  Then run the script "fixfsm" which will be found in /usr/lpp/adsm/bin.
>>  "fixfsm" will recreate the 2 files.  Then run reconcile.

According to this, my collegue did this on his HSM-client, and I also did
it to my client, and it worked.

I added one other precaution:

        o Make sure you copied

                cp -p premigrdb.dir premigrdb.dir.BAK
                cp -p premigrdb.pag premigrdb.pag.BAK

        o then follow the steps described before

After that the reconcile went through without any error. I asked IBM to
investigate, why the db files got corrupted, but they didn't find any
answer. One strange thing was, the corrupted premigrdb files had been VERY
large, >50MB, afer the fixed recreated files, the sizes had been normal,
about 2-10KB. But this might have been caused by the effect that this
error occured for about 2 month (I didn't call IBM, because it didn't harm
too much, everything worked as expected).

        Best regards

        Andreas

|       Andreas Landhaeusser                                           |
|       Deutsches Zentrum fuer Luft- und Raumfahrt e.V. (DLR)          |
|       Bunsenstr. 10                                                  |
|       D-37073 Goettingen                                             |
|       Germany                                                        |
|       Phone: +49 551 7092379  EMail: Andreas.Landhaeusser AT DLR DOT De     |