ADSM-L

[no subject]

1997-10-15 09:58:12
From: Cyndie Behrens <cbehrens AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 06:58:12 PDT
Subject:Lotus Notes agent for WindowsNT

> Hi,
>
>We have just started testing the ADSMconnect Agent for Lotus Notes on
>WindowsNT and we have come across a problems. The testing so far has been
>on Lotus Notes Mail databases.
>
>First, we receive an error trying to back up mailobj.nsf, the common object
>store. Does the Notes Agent support the common object store. From the looks
>of things, it does not.

Tevor, we have been told by lotus notes that the lotus notes api does not
yet support the shared mail database, so our agent cannot back it up directly.
Even though it is an .nsf file, it has some special access controls that
won't allow us to read it.

We are investigating the possibility that if you use the agent to back
up an individual's .nsf file and if it contains some documents that are really
pointers to the stored document in the shared database, we might be able
to follow the links to the shared database and back up the documents that way.
On the plus side, this would give us an online backup alternative, but on the
down side, we would back up the document twice, for example, if it was shared
by two people and you backed up both people's individual .nsf files.
We have not tested this possibility yet, so we'll have to get back to you
after we have.....you could try it in your test environment and see what
happens.
thanks,
Cyndie Behrens (IBM San Jose)