ADSM-L

Re: No support for ADSM under HESC????? -Reply

2015-10-04 18:04:42
Subject: Re: No support for ADSM under HESC????? -Reply
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 10/14/97 9:10AM
I have had a similar problem with them!  I tried to call about a problem
installing a Sun client, followed what was the most obvious way through the
call list, and similarly was rebuffed.

How I handled it was (since I run the MVS server) was to call and ask for
S/390 support - I think it was option 4).  I assume that this will work for
both MVS and VM.  How support is handled for other ADSM server platforms I
can't say.

BTW, they DID resolve my Sun problem!

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

Author:  INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
Date:    10/14/97 9:10 AM

I don't know what HESC is.  Is that a support contract or a platform?
You can call 1-800-CALL-AIX only if you pay for that level of AIX
support.  The regular AIX support is via fax.  We bit the bullet and
paid extra so we could talk to a live person after having extended
outages while waiting for a response from a fax.

Tina Hilton
Thomson Consumer Electronics