ADSM-L

ADSM dependant scheduling

1997-10-14 11:38:15
Subject: ADSM dependant scheduling
From: Dave Sanders <dsanders AT MASSMUTUAL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 11:38:15 -0400
Since I am at the ADSM MVS server end of the pipe, I'd like to plead for
some dependant job (task) scheduling implementation.  We had an unusual
scheduled outage this weekend that points out the inadequacies of ADSM
scheduling.

We had completed the copy of data from our disk backuppool to our
"disaster-recovery" copy pool.  But, before the update volume task that
marks carts as "acc=offsite" scheduled time occurred, our system was
down.  Later when the system started up, the carts that had already been
physically shipped offsite, were called for so that we could -fill-
those carts.  There may be ways to get around this particular situation,
but I just wanted to use this as an example to plead my case.

PLEASE????