ADSM-L

Re: Solaris ADSM server crashes

1997-10-13 13:59:15
Subject: Re: Solaris ADSM server crashes
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 13:59:15 -0400
> Another problem I've been seeing is that the system does not seem to
> recognize end-of-tape properly.  ADSM sees a write error at EOT and marks
> the volume read-only.  I don't know if this is related or not.

I don't think so, as I see the same thing at EOT on DLT7000's.  It's as if
the Solaris device drivers cannot sense EOT the way one might expect, and
report it is a write error.  If you "q vol nnnn f=d", the write error
count as been incremented.

I have not seen these abends, but I am running on a Sparc20, soon to be an
E3002 or 450.

Steve (unVMix Systems Programmer/Dude) Roder
(tkssteve AT ubvm.cc.buffalo DOT edu | tkssteve AT acsu.buffalo DOT edu |
(716)645-3564 ,