ADSM-L

Re[3]: ADSM Version 3 announce for AIX, NT, and MVS

1997-10-11 22:11:29
Subject: Re[3]: ADSM Version 3 announce for AIX, NT, and MVS
From: cc52 <CC52 AT SDSUMUS.SDSTATE DOT EDU>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 1997 20:11:29 CST
>>hmmmm... time for an electronic show of hands! How many listers are
>>using ADSM on VM (be it version 1 or version 2)? Will not having V3
>>force your company/institution rethink ADSM as your backup
>>solution?

South Dakota State University is running ADSM Version 2 on VM 2.2.0.
We recently used ADSM VM as part of our justification to upgrade our
processor to a Multiprise 2000.  Currently we are trying to get
approval for RAMAC and Magstar technology.  Again we are using
ADSM VM as justification.   Without ADSM VM we probably
will not move to RAMAC and Magstar.  Although we have OS/390
running as a guest under VM, we have no intention of moving ADSM
to it.  Our Netware people have been waiting for improvements
in performance on Version 3.  Without a version 3 VM server
we will be forced to move our Netware backups to non IBM software and
hardware.

Ron Greve
South Dakota State University