ADSM-L

Re: backup schedule automatic

1997-10-10 12:43:43
Subject: Re: backup schedule automatic
From: Mark Adams <madams AT CSG.SITEL DOT NET>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 11:43:43 -0500
Make sure this line is in the inittab file:

adsm:2:once:/etc/rc.adsm >/dev/null 2>&1 # ADSM SCHEDULer

Then create a file in the /etc directory called rc.adsm
The file should contain the following:

echo "Starting ADSM scheduler"
dsmc schedule -quiet &

Make sure that the /etc/rc.adsm is executable

chmod 700 /etc/rc.adsm

In order to make scheduler work properly you will have to make
sure that you have that you have the following statement in your
dsm.sys file:

PASSWORDACCESS     generate

The standard path for this file is as follows:

/usr/lpp/adsm/bin/dsm.sys

Once this is done, you will have to manually log into dsmc to
initailize the password.

Once all of the above is complete you should be able to set up
schedules on the server.

Hope I didn't miss anything. If I did, my apologies.

Mark A. Adams
UNIX SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
(402) 963-7369 Office
(402) 444-0754 Pager