ADSM-L

ADSM on Win 95

2015-10-04 18:04:42
Subject: ADSM on Win 95
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 10/8/97 4:30PM
What release of the Windows client is your customer running?

When the Windows client first came out (rel 3 of the 32 bit client), this was
a MAJOR problem - If you hit the CAPS LOCK key, even with the window
minimized, it would stop.  We APARed the situation, and the APAR was
accepted, and came out with a subsequent release (I don't remember which one
5 or 6)  The fix did NOT clean up everything, but it did go a long way to
cleaning up the problem.  As I remember, there was still an outstanding APAR
when last I looked.  Perhaps Andy Raibeck can shed more light on this - his
memory is probably much better than mine!

As a work around, assuming your Win95 folk are using TCP/IP, is to add the
parm SCHEDMODE=PROMPTED to the shortcut that launches the scheduler.  This
will cause the server to contact the client at the correct time, and initiate
the backup.  The client, therefore, does not maintain a countdown timer, and
so does not have the problem of the wayward fingers (or fat fingers in my
case!)

I hope this helps....

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

Author:  INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
Date:    10/8/97 4:30 PM

I'm not too familiar with Win 95. One of our Win 95 users was notified
that his ADSM wasn't backing up, and he noticed that the scheduler
seemed to be suspended.  The last thing he'd done to it was ALT-TAB to
it (from Rumba)  then ALT-TAB back to Rumba.  I booted up a Win 95 and
tried this myself, and sure enough, the clock in the scheduler stops
counting down when you ALT-TAB to it.  Does ALT-TAB act to suspend the
ADSM scheduler?
Thanks for any help..
Julie Phinney
JPHINNEY AT HUMANA DOT COM