ADSM-L

Re: ADSM DB2/2 V2.1 API

1997-10-07 03:48:17
Subject: Re: ADSM DB2/2 V2.1 API
From: Wayne Gorton <wayneg AT AU1.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 1997 03:48:17 -0400
Mark,
We've just gone through this on AIX when we discovered we were running out of
tape & we had 90 versions of each of the 4 db2 instances. I can tell you what
we did on out platform.

In the include list attach the backups to a management class like:-

include /TRN/NODE_0/FULL_BACKUP.??????????????.* db2_default (the number of ?
may vary.  Check the name on the backup either with a q contents or show
versions)
include /sapmnt/TRN/global/???JOBLG/* db2_default

For db2_default management class have the following settings:-

Version Data Deleted:- 0
Retain Only Version:- 0

Then you'll either have to manually delete the db2 backups from DB2 (AIX uses a
tool called db2adutl). This will mark the backups an inactive & ADSM then will
delete them using the parameters above. Alternatively you can automate this,
but the down side is we like the flexibility of being able to keep a weekly
backup & occasionally backup for as long as we like.

Hope this helps.
Let me know if there is an easier way?

Role:                               Unix System Administrator
Style:                              The Thinking Man's Clown
Name:                               wayneg AT au1.ibm DOT com
Life:       "Imagination is more important than knowledge"   Albert Einstein

        ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
        06/10/97 20:13
Please respond to ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU @ internet