ADSM-L

Re: PRPQ for STK

1997-10-06 19:49:38
Subject: Re: PRPQ for STK
From: John Groves <jmg AT OPENMIC DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 18:49:38 -0500
Here is some updated information on the options for ADSM/StorageTek
support.

   * We now have a much enhanced offering called Enterprise DistribuTAPE
     which supports StorageTek libraries with ADSM.  Enterprise
     DistribuTAPE handles library control and also allows multiple ADSM
     servers to share both libraries and tape drives within the
     libraries.  Performance is also substantially better for mount
     intensive applications (such as document retrievals), Enterprise
     DistribuTAPE is fully compatible with ADSM V3, and it is available
     for Solaris and HP-UX servers as well as AIX.  There is much more,
     but I will save it for those who want to know more.
   * Our SafeDistance product supports both StorageTek and other
     libraries as remote device via the network for off-site vaulting.
     With SafeDistance you can do your storage pool and database backups
     directly to an off-site library via any reasonable network link.

Prather, Wanda wrote:

> The Enhanced ADSM code is provided by a third party company called
> Open
> Microsystems.  I have found their tech support to be VERY responsive
> and
> very helpful.  Contact them:

Thanks for the good words!

Inquiries should be directed to one of:
Mark Roberts, mkr AT openmic DOT com
Dwight Lawler, dlawler AT openmic DOT com

Regards,
John
John Groves, President    Mail:  jmg AT openmic DOT com
Open Microsystems Inc.   WWW: http://www.openmic.com
505 East Huntland Drive, Suite 450  Voice (512) 450-0900 X150
Austin, TX 78752-3714   Fax     (512) 450-0397
USA