ADSM-L

ADSM and EBU question

1997-10-02 01:11:35
Subject: ADSM and EBU question
From: Cyndie Behrens <cbehrens AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 22:11:35 PDT
>I have noticed that even if an ebu job is removed, the backup will still
>remain on the tape.  My question is:  Does ADSM know that that
>particular job has been removed and is that information stored in the
>ADSM database?  What causes the raw partitions that ebu backs up in ADSM
>to expire?
>
>Thanks for any reply,
>
>`Changren Yong
>AIX System Analyst
>Cerner Corporation
>phone: (816)201-2402

Changren,  you need to use ebutool to delete backups from adsm.  In order
for it to work properly with ADSM, you need to use a management class that
has zero inactive versions (zero extra versions).  ADSM will then delete
the inactive backups the next time file expiration processing runs.  It
doesn't matter if oracle was on file systems or raw partitions....the
ADSMConnect agent is just sending buffers of data to ADSM that it receives
from EBU....ADSM has no knowledge about the physical oracle structure.
thanks,
Cyndie Behrens (IBM San Jose)