ADSM-L

ADSM Manual PDF-HTML

1997-10-01 15:43:58
Subject: ADSM Manual PDF-HTML
From: "Moir,Elizabeth" <Betsy.Moir AT ABBOTT DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 14:43:58 -0500
To: OAS     --LMS1

FROM: Betsy Moir (TTCEDM) Ext 85020
      VM Tech Services
      email:  betsy.moir AT abbott DOT com

Thanks to everybody for your help. We've decided to bypass the
Bookmanager solution right now and load the PDF onto our VM Mainframe
(this is where our website is stored) and simply let them download the
Acrobat Reader if they need to in order to format the PDF file. The Acrobat
reader does make a pretty looking document, and we feel that with the
in-house written doc we've got, there probably won't be a lot of brave
souls going out to find the IBM documentation anyway.

Another thought came to mind when Wayne Smith from the University of Maine
responded to this question and said they, too, were doing a webpage.  We
"borrowed" the idea from the Bucky Backup service at the University of
Wisconsin and someone else mentioned to me that the University of Illinois
had a similar program........it seems it's becoming a rather popular
method of distributing ADSM "campus-wide" so to speak.  Perhaps it would be
a good idea if any and all in ADSMland who have done this or are planning to
could share some of their experiences - good/bad/whatever.  We are about to
go "live" with this the end of October and we're all a little nervous about
getting 1. SWAMPED with requests or worse yet 2. ignored.

Anybody have any war stories they'd be willing to share?

Betsy