ADSM-L

Re: NT Webshell archive/retrieve question

1997-10-01 05:16:48
Subject: Re: NT Webshell archive/retrieve question
From: Francis Maes <fr.maes AT CGER DOT BE>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 10:16:48 +0100
Hello Luc,

I have open problems by IBM over the webshell until may '97.
The problems are:
1) Client volume label must be in upper-case. APAR IC13965 is open.
2) Can't restore inactive versions. Request for change done by IBM
Belgium. Please, ask your IBM representative to do the same. This will
increase the priority of the change request.
3) In the "Different Destination Directory" of the RESTORE option of the
NT WebShell, if you specify an inexisting destination directory without
ending with a "\" (backslash), the directory name is considered as a
file name and all selected files are restored in it! IBM is
investigating.
4) WebShell installable as an NT service. Request for change adressed by
our IBM representative. If this request interest you, please ask a
product change too.

Support of ARCHIVE/RESTORE is also important in our organisation. I plan
to ask a product change for that to.

Happy to not be alone against WebShell problems.

Francis.

Luc Verellen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it correct that ADSM NT Webshell interface does not support
> Archive/Retrieve, nor restore of inactive files?
> Any plans to support these functions in the near future?
>
> If this is not supported, what would be a good policy/set-up for ordinary
> (not ADSM) users to retrieve archived files from a file server?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Luc Verellen
> lverelle AT janbe.jnj DOT com

Francis Maes                    ASLK-CGER Services GIE  - Belgium
ADSM Server Administrator       Rue Fossé-aux-Loups, 48 - 1000 Brussels
Storage Management              E@Mail: fr.maes AT cger DOT be