ADSM-L

Re: Client data directly to tape

1997-09-30 12:03:37
Subject: Re: Client data directly to tape
From: Roger Nadler <Roger_Nadler AT SONYMUSIC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 12:03:37 -0400
I have an ADIC Scalar 218 with two tape drives and capacity for 17- 30GIG
DLT tapes. There is no storage pool on hard drive. I write directly to the
tape pool. I have an IBM RS600 F50. I write at 2,000 to 3,500 kbs. The only
thing I noticed was the wait in time for the tape to load. I am backing up
Novell 4.11/3.12, WIN NT4.0, SunOS, and OS2 Warp.
No Problems.........

bradd AT SELECT DOT COM on 09/30/97 11:46:14 AM