ADSM-L

Re: Upgrade

1997-09-25 14:11:00
Subject: Re: Upgrade
From: Bill King <bill AT NSMC.PARTNERS DOT ORG>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 13:11:00 -0500
>010Date: 25-Sep-97 12:04:02 -0400
>From: CRIS @ SMTP (Robinson, Cris) {Cris.Robinson AT LIBERTYMUTUAL DOT COM}
>To: ADSM-L @ SMTP {ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU}
>001Subject: Re: Upgrade
>
>Hi Bill
>
>In your DSM.OPT file in the ADSM directory you can add the following
>
>EXCLUDE         SERVERNAME/SYS:SYSTEM\...\*
>EXCLUDE         SERVERBANE/SYS:PUBLIC\...\*
>EXCLUDE         SERVERBANE/SYS:MAIL\...\*
>
>Replace the \...\ with the specific sub-directors if you want more
>granularity.
>the way I have it ADSM will exclude every file and every sub-director.
>
>Remember that ADSM reads the OPT file from the bottom up. So watch how
>you place these and make sure that there are
>no option Include statements that will override these exclusions. For
>example
>
>INCLUDE         SERVERNAME/SYS:
>
>This can cause these directories to be backed up.
>You can also exclude the entire SYS volume if you prefer.
>
>Good Luck -
>__________________________
>Cris Robinson
>Sr. Telecommunications Analyst
>Liberty Mutual Insurance
>cris.robinson AT libertymutual DOT com
>(603) 431-8400 Ext. 54837

Thank you for the response....

Are you saying that when I perform a restore, the dsm.opt file is used to
exclude files to be restored as well as excluding files to be backed up?

I know the dsm.opt file is used to exclude files from being backed up.  I
did not know it can be used to exclude files / directories from being
restored.

Do I understand what you are telling me?

Thank You
bill