ADSM-L

Re: dsmc v 2.1 level 0.6 G on hp-ux 10.20 works badly

1997-09-24 13:33:11
Subject: Re: dsmc v 2.1 level 0.6 G on hp-ux 10.20 works badly
From: Espen Toren <Espen.Toren AT HDA.HYDRO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 19:33:11 +0200
Matti Harvala wrote:

>   Hello !
>
> we have used dcsm restore domain=ALL-LOCAL tobackup our hp-ux system
> when w tried to restore all we get some unwanted results
>
> our bdf looks like
>
> (clip)
>

> =============
>
> but adsm does not backup /tmp, /usr/sap/tmp, device files /dev/*,
> in dsm.opt we have subdir=yes
> what are the CORRECT steps to do bare metal restores on hp-ux with ADSM

Are you sure you have the _last_ version of the client software for HPUX 10.20
??
We used to have the same problem as you seem to have. The reason was that the
client software did not
support HPUX new DCFS filesystem. An update was downloaded, and now it work's
fine.
I have to mention that we're not running backup of the /tmp filesystem either,
som I'm not
sure if you really can run backup on this filesystem, but the others run
well....

Espen Toren
Norsk Hydro