ADSM-L

Re: excluding dir names with dots in them

1997-09-24 09:08:12
Subject: Re: excluding dir names with dots in them
From: Hilton Tina <HiltonT AT EXCH1.INDY.TCE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 08:08:12 -0500
Steve,

/root.b/* is only for files under this directory, not under
subdirectories.  If IBM changed it to include all files under all
subdirectories, there'd be no way to include/exclude files in a specific
directory without using virtual mount points.  I like it the way it is.

By the way, for anyone using ADSM for DFS client (AIX), you have to use
4 dots in the exclude/include statement instead of 3.  I missed the
extra dot in the manual and couldn't understand why my exclude wasn't
working right.

Tina Hilton
Thomson Consumer Electronics