ADSM-L

ADSM Connect Agent for WinNT

1997-09-24 11:38:20
Subject: ADSM Connect Agent for WinNT
From: Hans Beierle <hbeier01 AT DE.EDS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 08:38:20 -0700
From the IBM Sept. 97 NewsFlashs I read the following Lotus Notes
Connect Agent announcement:

"...
ADSM Connect Agents for Lotus Notes on Windows NT and AIX

ADSMConnect Agents for Lotus Notes* are now available on Windows** NT
and AIX. These agents allow for on-line, incremental backup of open
Lotus Notes
Release 4.5 databases. This move is consistent with ADSM's support of
multi-platform database backup and recovery
..."

I wonder if Lotus Notes Rel. 4.5 is really a hard technical prereq or if
its only a marketing item. Considering, that there are still many LN
Rel. 3 installations and the OS/2 agent is also running as a LN Rel.3
application, I would appreciate any clarification from the IBM
development team.
--