ADSM-L

ADSM under NT 4.0 SP3

1997-09-18 02:28:13
Subject: ADSM under NT 4.0 SP3
From: Grant Caunter <g.caunter AT WAIKATO.AC DOT NZ>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 18:28:13 +1200
Hi all,

I am having problems running ADSM Client Software 2.1.0.6 under Windows NT
Workstation 4.0 (Service Pack 3).  The "ADSM Backup Client" and "ADSM
Scheduler" crash 9 times out of 10, as soon as they are run.  They both
generate an "Exception: divide by zero" error.

I have tried logging in with <shift> down to disable startup apps like
"Norton System Doctor" and "Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect", but that
doesn't help.  I have tried re-installing the client s/w a number of times
also.

I am sure I was able to run the client s/w before installing Service Pack
3, and therefore assume it's SP3 that is causing the problem.  This problem
is happening on other NT 4.0 SP3 machines also.  I assume 2.1.0.6 is the
latest client for NT?

If anyone has had similar problems with ADSM client software under NT, I
would appreciate any comments.

thanks,

-Grant
Grant Caunter                  (  E-mail:  g.caunter AT waikato.ac DOT nz
Computer Consultant             >    Web:  http://www.sci.waikato.ac.nz
School of Science & Technology (  Office:  +64 7 838 4586
The University of Waikato       >    Fax:  +64 7 838 4218
Hamilton, New Zealand.         /  Mobile:  +64 25 825 763