ADSM-L

ADSM and Arcserve

2015-10-04 18:05:24
Subject: ADSM and Arcserve
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 9/17/97 2:36PM
You didn't mention which platform.... we had problems with ArcServe and
Netware 3.12 - it was an older release of ArcServe - their NLM and the
DSM.NLM seemed to compete for CPU cycles big time - response really was bad
for all NetWare users.  In our case the customer had no problems with taking
down ArcServe (he hated it anyway, which was why he wanted ADSM - but he was
never disappointed :-)  I have the idea that newer releases of ArcServe do
not compete (at least as not as seriously) anymore.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

Author:  INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
Date:    9/17/97 2:36 PM

Is anyone aware of any problems with running ADSM and Arcserve
simultaneously?
Thanks,
Julie Phinney
JPHINNEY AT HUMANA DOT COM