ADSM-L

Re: admin id for ADSM

1997-09-17 21:29:58
Subject: Re: admin id for ADSM
From: "Rafael J. Goldschmidt" <rafagold AT CANO.COM DOT AR>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 22:29:58 -0300
what does it mean that you cannot use the admin id? do you type: adsmadmin
as the id and adsmadmin as the password? you do not need to create an admin
id manually. The first one is adsmadmin.

At 16:32 17/09/1997 EST, you wrote:
>Following the procedures listed in the installation manual, I manually
>created the db.dsm and log.dsm files and ran the dsmserv install command
>to initialize these volumes.  The dsmserv process started without
>errors, however, I cannot use the "admin" id when logging into the
>dsmadmc administrative client.  Shouldn't the dsmserv install command
>create that id?  Do I need to create an admin id manually as well and
>how would I get into the administrative client to do this?
>
>Thanks in advance!
>--
>Bryan C. Baars                          CASE Corporation
>UNIX Administrator                      Racine, WI

* Rafael J. Goldschmidt                          *
* Elcano 5039 - (1427) Buenos Aires - Argentina  *
* Telefonos: (54-1) 553 9909 / 421 4782          *
* E-mail (Internet) : rafagold AT cano.com DOT ar       *