ADSM-L

AS/400 vrs UNIX

1997-09-16 15:04:55
Subject: AS/400 vrs UNIX
From: Robert Ford <rford01 AT MAIL.STATE.MO DOT US>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 14:04:55 -0500
Hello:  This question is geared more towards IBM representatives.
However if you can answer this or point me to a place that can I would
appreciate it.
We have an AS/400 as our ADSM server.  We also have a RS/6000. (Not
running ADSM)  We were informed that the ADSM product performs much
better in terms of performance on the RS/6000.  This was a general
statement not taking into consideration the size and processing power of
either platform.  My question is all things being equal is there really
a significant difference between the two platforms.  My supervisor is
bugging me for performance data comparing these two platforms.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert Ford  CIS III
Missouri State Highway Patrol