ADSM-L

Re: AIX42 Client misses library on 4.2.1 System ?

1997-09-15 05:34:37
Subject: Re: AIX42 Client misses library on 4.2.1 System ?
From: Armin Burkhardt <burkhard AT AND.MPI-STUTTGART.MPG DOT DE>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 11:34:37 +0200
Hi again, ADSMers
on Friday I reported problems starting dsm on a 4.2.1 box due do a
missing  library libgair4.a[shr.o].

The X11 runtime environment component of X11.base was missing, since the
machine had no graphics adapters when doing the bundle install. All other
components except rte were installed as prerequisites for other X related
packages like X11.compat. Since all X11 except dsm worked (due to the
compatibility package I suppose), this was not so easy to see.

Thanks to Hermann Frasch and all who responded for pointing this out ....

Armin
|Armin Burkhardt               | Heisenbergstrasse 1 | Phone: (49) 711-6891563 |
|MPI fuer Festkoerperforschung | D-70569 STUTTGART   | FAX  : (49) 711-6891632 |