ADSM-L

NETWARE ADSM DSMSCHED.LOG/DSMERROR.LOG

1997-09-11 17:20:14
Subject: NETWARE ADSM DSMSCHED.LOG/DSMERROR.LOG
From: "DENNIS MERRITT, 263-" <DC.SYSD30 AT TS3.TEALE.CA DOT GOV>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 14:20:14 PDT
I'm using NETWARE DSMC.NLM Version 2, Release 1, Level 0.12
on a Netware 4.10 server.  (DSMC.NLM 405,240 02-29-96 7:38p)

It appears that if either of the LOG files, which are written
into the SYS:ADSM directory get to some unknown length,
ADSM seems to have a problem writing to that file, and in fact
creates a new file with the same name in the SYS: root directory.
ADSM writes to the new file in the root, until it feels like
writing to the file in the SYS:ADSM directory.... hmmmmmmmm

The backups seem to complete normally as far as I can see.

The error message that is recorded is:

date/time ANS0118E LogSchedMsg: Unable to open schedule log file
                    'dsmsched.log' for output.

What's up with this? I know I should limit the size of this file,
but, its not a large file when DSMC can't write to it?

I'm sure I should obtain and install the latest and greatest..
Where ever/what ever that is... (I'm looking, I'm looking.. hints?)

Dennis Merritt
Teale Data Center
State of California
(Hi Shelby, Matt).