ADSM-L

Re: Trace Statistics Question

2015-10-04 18:05:24
Subject: Re: Trace Statistics Question
From: Andrew Raibeck[SMTP:storman AT US.IBM DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
The trace settings in DSM.OPT should read:

   TRACEFILE SYS:ADSM\TRACE.OUT
   TRACEFLAGS INSTR_CLIENT_DETAIL

The TRACEFILE setting can point to any valid volume/directory/filename
combination. The statistics will be displayed in there.

Assuming that this has been done correctly, the next thing is to be sure =
you
are running the client in batch mode, for example:

   LOAD DSMC INCREMENTAL

or

   LOAD DSMC SELECTIVE SYS:* -SUBDIR=3DYES

The trace does not work in loop or scheduler modes.

After the command completes, you'll want to record the ending =
statistics.
You'll also want the output from

   QUERY NODE nodename FORMAT=3DDETAILED

as the Pct. Idle, Pct. Comm., and Pct. Media wait statistics are also =
useful in
shedding light on performance problems.

Andy Raibeck
ADSM Level 2 Support