ADSM-L

AW: scratching tapes in mvs, more info -Reply

1997-09-09 11:54:58
Subject: AW: scratching tapes in mvs, more info -Reply
From: Tony Pietrusiewicz <PIETRUSIEWICZT AT BCBSIL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 09:54:58 -0600
Gary,
    I believe Armin is right. I think that ADSM just updates its Database when
it marks a volume as Storage Delete.
    Your problem seems to be MVS/CA1 related. Have any CA1 releases been
implemented in your shop lately?

Tony Pietrusiewicz
Blue Cross of Illinois
(312)946-5205

>>> "Eickhoff, Armin" <Armin.Eickhoff AT DRESDNER-BANK DOT DE> 09/09/97 12:04am

Gary, I can't believe that ADSM is destroying any cartridges at the
moment they become scratch, ADSM is not mounting them to scratch
them.
It would be helpful to see the complete iectms message and the mvs
error (i.e. ios000i).
Best wishes
Armin Eickhoff
Dresdner Bank AG
Konzernstab Organisation
Großrechner- und Speichersysteme
D-60301 Frankfurt
(       Voice:  (+49) 69 2 63 - 75 25
2               Fax:    (+49) 69 2 63 -19 243
      Email:  Armin