ADSM-L

WG: OS/2 HPFS backup and restoring to NT NTFS?

2015-10-04 18:05:23
Subject: WG: OS/2 HPFS backup and restoring to NT NTFS?
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 9/5/97 10:07AM
Thanks for correcting me.  My answer was based not on experience ;-( but
rather listening to the Crabbing and complaining that was going on on this
list.   Guess that will show me not to pay attention here..... Just kidding.

It's good to hear that you can do the cross Unix restores - but then I don't
have much call to get involved with Unix, and when I do, I go call the Sun
guys for a Guide.

Thanks again.....

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

Author:  INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
Date:    9/5/97 10:07 AM

Jerry,

sorry that I have to correct you, among the UNIX-family I haven't
notices any problems. It works great to restore files of SUN
filesystems to my AIX-box. I've checked the follwing restores to AIX
(first column is platform, second is filespacetype, due to dsmadmc q
filespace)

SINIXPC BFS
UFS
                VXFS
                S5

SINIXRM VXFS
                UFS

AIX             JFS (of course)
SunOS           UFS
                SunOS
                TMPFS

OSF/1           ADVFS

HPUX            HP-FS

I'd really be glad to have a possibility to restore files from other
OS' than UNIX .....

Have a nice weekend ......
Heiko.Andresen AT Dresdner-Bank DOT De