ADSM-L

Re[4]: bar codes

1997-09-04 12:54:28
Subject: Re[4]: bar codes
From: Kenneth Bradberry <bradberk AT OAKWOOD DOT ORG>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 11:54:28 EST
     Page 3-2 7331 Tape Library Operator Guide.

     The bar code label must begin with an alphabetic character (A...Z, $,
     or #) and can be followed by alphanumeric charaters(A...Z,$,#, or
     period(.))).  Blanks between characters are never allowed in the name.
      It is highly recommended that the first six characters of the
     cartridge ID be the same as the volume ID for the tape.

        VOL was just an assumption.  Unless there is new microcode out that
supports other syntax, this is how it should be done.

Other vendors

BARCODE Systems Inc.
15315 Minnetonka Industrial Rd.
Minneapolis, MN  55345-2216