ADSM-L

Win NT client NTUSER.DAT

1997-09-05 10:20:35
Subject: Win NT client NTUSER.DAT
From: Julie Phinney <jphinney AT HUMANA DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 10:20:35 -0400
On an Windows NT v4.0 client we are a getting the message, in our
DSMSCHED.LOG that access is denied for
WINNT\PROFILES\ADMINISTRATOR\NTUSER.DAT and NTUSER.DAT.LOG    I figure
that must mean that those files are locked by Win NT?  Does anyone
know?  We are planning to restore the machine to a hardware upgrade
tonight, does this mean these files won't restore properly?   We are
going to be following the Disaster Recovery process outlined in the
redbook, but I'm concerned about those files not having been backed up
properly.  Maybe there's something we can stop prior to tonight's
backup, that will cause those files to back up?
TIA!
Julie Phinney
JPHINNEY AT HUMANA DOT COM