ADSM-L

Re: Stopping a schedule job on Solaris.

1997-09-04 14:42:30
Subject: Re: Stopping a schedule job on Solaris.
From: "Dwight E. Cook" <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 13:42:30 -0500
     and if you have large windows and don't want to expire the schedule...
     you can cancel the session and before it retries the operation you
     could lock the node.  ADSM won't let you lock a node that is
     already/currently active on the server but once its connections die
     you may lock the node out

Author:  ADSM-L (ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU) at unix,mime
Date:    9/4/97 12:15 PM

On Thu, 4 Sep 1997, Mark Brown (CC Operations Supervisor) wrote:

| On a solaris 2.5 machine I use  "nohup dsm schedule &" to run the
| schedule process.

| What is the best way to kill a scheduled backup in progress. I have
| been "killing" process id's on the solaris system for now. Is there a
| better way? From the server maybe??

You could perform a "cancel se <session number>" on the adsm server, but
that will not stop the client from restarting the backup (unless its
backup window has expired).  Killing the process has no real ill effects
other than losing some of the transactions taking place at that instant.

Joe Morris  -  morris AT unc DOT edu  -  http://sunsite.unc.edu/morris
Academic Technology and Networks (formerly OIT), Development