ADSM-L

Re: adsm newbie having problems with tape drives

1997-09-04 09:50:56
Subject: Re: adsm newbie having problems with tape drives
From: Joe Morris <morris AT UNC DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 09:50:56 -0400
On Wed, 3 Sep 1997, Stephen Kneuper wrote:

| I'm testing the Solaris version of ADSM.  Scrounged together a Sparc
| 10 with a few gig of disk, plus two Exabyte 8200 tape drives.
| Installed Solaris 2.5, with ADSM 2.6 from the WWW site, downloaded two
| weeks ago.
|
| The tapes work fine from Solaris with tar and ufsdump.
|
| When I try to define the manual library to ADSM, I get the error message...

Check the on-line "Quick Start" docs for Solaris server.  There you will
find directions for installing devices.  You cannot just use the the
existing Solaris devices.  There is a little tweaking todo at the OS level
to create devices ADSM can reference.  It's a little tricky as I found out
a few weeks ago, but only takes a few minutes.

Contact me directly if you want more details.

Joe Morris  -  morris AT unc DOT edu  -  http://sunsite.unc.edu/morris
Academic Technology and Networks (formerly OIT), Development