ADSM-L

Clarified - Ejecting tapes from OS390 3494 ATL

1997-09-04 09:55:37
Subject: Clarified - Ejecting tapes from OS390 3494 ATL
From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT MAIL.UCC.VCU DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 08:55:37 -0500
I guess I didnt make my self clear.

I am fully aware of how to eject tapes from the 3494. I do it every week for
DFSMShsm backups. My process gets the list of tapes created for the weekly DUMP
and generates EJECT commands. There are plenty of ways to get HSM to generate a
list (via TSO in BATCH) of what tapes it is using (and direct the output to a
file for processing via SAS) for DUMPS, BACKUP or MIGRATE processing.

However, for ADSM, I do not know how to get a list of the tapes that are marked
OFFSITE to generate the EJECT commands.

How can you get a machine readable list of what tapes ADSM is using ? In fact,
how do you get ADSM to let you know anything about what it is doing, in a
machine readable format ?  And that also means, no operators, no human
intervention.