ADSM-L

Netware 4.11 user/context issues

2015-10-04 18:05:23
Subject: Netware 4.11 user/context issues
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 9/2/97 4:51PM
I do not have any practical experience with NetWare V4, but on V3,x, the
problem you have described is most likely caused by not having set up the id
you are using for the NetWare user (.Backup.GBO_CORP.GBO?) correctly.  In
NetWare V3, it should have a "security equivalanece" of "supervisor" as a
"user" - not as a group.  I am not sure how this directly translates for 4.x,
but this has been the problem for us here when we see the problem.  Also, be
sure you can support 2 concurrent sessions with this id.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

Author:  INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
Date:    9/2/97 4:51 PM

I have been having the following happen on one of my Novell servers.  I have
tried to reset the password by deleting the *.pwd files, changing NWPWFILE in
dsm.opt from YES to NO, re-entering everything and setting NO back to YES, all
to no avail.  Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this problem once and for
all?

Executing scheduled command now.

Connecting to a Novell Directory (GBO).

Please enter NetWare user for "GBO":
 ==> I entered .BACKUP.GBO_CORP.GBO <==

Please enter the password on "GBO" for NetWare user ".BACKUP.GBO_CORP.GBO":
==>  I entered the password <==

Connection to a NetWare File System (SYSTEM1).

Please enter NetWare user for "SYSTEM1:"
==> I entered .BACKUP.GBO_CORP.GBO <==

Please enter the password on "SYSTEM1" for NetWare user "BACKUP.GBO_CORP.GBO":
 ==> I entered the password <==

Connected to SYSTEM1.

ANS4017E Session rejected: TCP/IP connection failure

Sometimes the backup will run, and sometimes not.  Each time it asks for the
username and password for the container and the server, but only for this one
Novell Server.  I have re installed the ADSM Client software and I am running
out of ideas.

Thanks,
Rob Lefebvre
Schreiber Foods, Inc.