ADSM-L

3570 with 2 drives

1997-09-02 10:53:27
Subject: 3570 with 2 drives
From: Rudinei Miguel <rkalil AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 1997 14:53:27 BSC
Hello,
I am configuring the following environment:
AIX 4.1.5
ADSM Server 2.1.5.13
ADSM Client 2.1.0.6
3570 IBM Tape Subsystem with 2 drives
.
I configured just one library, called robotmount, using device /dev/rmt0.smc.
Then I configured 2 driver, 3570_01 and 3570_02 to this library using element
addresses 16 for rmt0 and 17 for rmt1.
1)When I tried to label the tape cartridges, using rmt0 or rmt1, it began
  looking for all cartridges.  Is it normal??
2)Will be possible that I use both drives at the same time?? How ADSM will
  control it??
3)Did someone done this same configuration before(3570 with 2 dirves)???
  If yes, could You show me the steps to do it??
4)And when I tried to checkin the volumes, ADSM started checking the cartridge
  placed in slot 2 of the first magazine, but it checked all cartridges present
  in the second magazine.  I don t think this is normal, ok??
.
Can someone help me with this?? Thanks and regards,   Kalil