ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 18:06:06
From my experiences with Sybase ( I would assume Oracle is the same), Adsm does
support backup of databases. We are using a software package from Datatools
called SQL backtrack which is basically an API into ADSM for database files.
There is a redbook somewhere on this and it is covered in the Advanced ADSM
class.  We have had great success with backups and restores of our databases.
The software installs in it's own directory that contains a dsm.opt and dsm.sys
file.  You also have to set up a special  management class to expire the files.
 I am pretty sure you can use it for Oracle.  If you need more info, let me
know...

Sharon Stidd