ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Creating a repair partition on removable media (NT

1997-08-29 10:41:17
Subject: Re: ADSM Creating a repair partition on removable media (NT
From: Alex Mounayar <Alex.Mounayar AT SMED DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 10:41:17 -0400
>Hello, the version of the 'Bare Metal Restore' redbook you are looking at was a
>work in process ('embryonic') copy that was being developed in the NT 3.51
>timeframe.
>As you have observed, NT 4 requires larger drive capacity, in the case of
>removable.....
>.
>.
>.

>Don Moxley,  IBM Storage Systems Division

Don,

 Our NT server admin team has also discovered that the instructions for Bare
Metal restore
seemed geared toward nt 3.51.  Does IBM have nt 4.0 bare metal restore
procedures?  In particular
should the inc/exc list be modified from the default?  Are there any special
procudures for user profiles?
We have noticed problems with the profiles.

Thanks,

Alex Mounayar,  Shared Medical Systems