ADSM-L

Re: ADSM database restore taking a l-l-l-o-o-o-n-n-n-g-g-g t

1997-08-27 07:37:02
Subject: Re: ADSM database restore taking a l-l-l-o-o-o-n-n-n-g-g-g t
From: Trevor Foley <Trevor.Foley AT BANKERSTRUST.COM DOT AU>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 21:37:02 +1000
Thanks very much for that. We applied APAR IX67978 and the restore time
dropped from 495 minutes to 56 minutes; quite a saving :-).

Is there any more detail available on what the APAR does, other than
reversing some functionality that was introduced in 4.2.1? What was the
change supposed to do? Are we missing out on anything by applying the APAR?
Are there any other ADSM functions that would have been affected by this?
Things like move data proceses (tape to tape) seem to be taking a long time
as well; is this likely to be improved by this APAR as well?

Thanks to Frank as well; we were running with pretty much a vanilla 4.2.1
install; we will review what patches are available and get our systems up
to a more current level.

Trevor