ADSM-L

linux and the sco client: true incremental or not?

1997-08-26 15:01:43
Subject: linux and the sco client: true incremental or not?
From: "Joseph A. Faracchio" <SPGJAF AT CMSA.BERKELEY DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 12:01:43 PDT
We just received a customer that is backing up 10 Gig's from a Linux
platform with the SCO client.

It was a real strain on our system because I only have 2 GIG of Staging
and I'm using 3490 tapes that hold 1.1 Gig on average.

So after the first-primary backup of 10 GIGs over the weekend I discovered
the user backed up an additional 7 Gigs on the next (Monday) night.

Does the SCO ADMS client do true incremental backups when run on a linux
platform??   Or is some of the disk mounts appear to be one large file??
Or if I'm missing a point then any enlightenment would be appreciated.

thanks ... joe.f.

SPGJAF @ CMSA.Berkeley.Edu    also ... USUCA886 @ IBMMAIL via x.400
University of Calif. at Berkeley  510-642-7638 (work) 527-1933 (home)