ADSM-L

Re: Tape in FILLING status

1997-08-26 12:17:58
Subject: Re: Tape in FILLING status
From: Doug Thorneycroft <dthorneycroft AT LACSD DOT ORG>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 10:17:58 -0600
We had a simular problem, the tape was set to read-only after detecting
a write error. The tape was reset to read/write, and as soon as we tried
to write to it, it received another write error and was set to read-only
again. Assuming that the tape was bad, we moved the data and discarded
the tape. Check your volume history file and see it the volume reports
errors.