ADSM-L

Re: Re[4]: Question regarding restore on AIX

1997-08-25 19:30:04
Subject: Re: Re[4]: Question regarding restore on AIX
From: Keith Medcalf <kmedcalf AT DESSUS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 19:30:04 -0400
In <Pine.WNT.3.96.970825143827.625X-100000 AT pasta.oit.unc DOT edu>, on
08/25/97 at 02:49 PM,
   Joe Morris <morris AT UNC DOT EDU> said:
>On Mon, 25 Aug 1997, Izabela Zahorowska wrote:

>| I have changed order in the command line as you suggested but
>| I still have the same error:
>| ANS4028E Session rejected: Authentication failure
>|
>| I have also tried to use another command to get files from another node:
>|
>|  dsmc restore -FROMN=node2  "/var/spool/mail/a1234567"
>| This time an error is as follow:
>|
>| ANS4095E No files matching search criteria were found

>If the file was erased, has another incremental take place?  If so,
>that file will be marked as inactive.  Try some "query backup"
>commands first and use the -inactive parameter to find all versions
>available.

>Curious, though, why you are using the -FROMN?  Why not just issue
>the dsmc command with the -nodename= parameter?  That would seem to
>be a lot easier.

If you do not have a filesystem with the same name you will have to
specify that as well in curly braces, and the destination to write to,
ala:

  dsmc restore -fromn=node2 {/var}spool/mail/a1234567 /tmp

which will restore the file to the tmp directory.  Use a QUERY BACKUP
{/var}* to see what the correct filenames are.  I do not recall,
offhand, whether the filename part needs a leading /.

Keith Medcalf       (416) 410-5791       http://www.dessus.com/ IBM
OS/2, LAN Server, DB2, TCP/IP, DOS, Windows 95,  Windows NT
 Finger or email kmedcalf-pgp AT dessus DOT com for my PGP Public Key