ADSM-L

ADSM Sun server configuration of devices

1997-08-22 01:31:27
Subject: ADSM Sun server configuration of devices
From: Joe Morris <morris AT UNC DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 01:31:27 -0400
Having a terrible time configuring the ADSM server on Solaris 2.5.1.  Not
sure if I'm doing something wrong, ADSM is confused, or Solaris is
confused.  I've attached an Overland LibraryXpress 4210 (2 DLT 4000's and
10 cartridge magazine).

ADSM software installed and running fine.  I followed the instructions for
establiching the device files to generate the /dev/rmt/?mt files, but it
fails.  Anyone else been down this road?  I have double-checked SCSI id's
and other stuff.  Call has been placed with ADSM, but thought I would ask
here while I wait on the return call.

Background:  I'm trying this Sun scenario as I have numerous SCSI problems
when the above mentioned library was hooked up to AIX (our production ADSM
server).  Not sure if I have an Overland, AIX, ADSM, SCSI, or some other
bizarre problem.

Joe Morris  -  morris AT unc DOT edu  -  http://sunsite.unc.edu/morris
Academic Technology and Networks (formerly OIT), Development