ADSM-L

Thanks: Removing specific EXPORT vol hist records

1997-08-21 11:24:18
Subject: Thanks: Removing specific EXPORT vol hist records
From: Ken Puckett <KenP AT EIG DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 08:24:18 -0700
Thanks for the info regarding the EXPORT volume history records.  It
gave me the clues I needed on how I can manage my "archive" environment.
Mainly, I need to check out the tape I just exported data to, or check
it back in as "private" before deleting the EXPORT volume history
records, in order to keep it from being used by the backup storage pool
as a scratch tape.  Plus, the fact that volume history records are not
needed for importing data on a volume (makes sense to me now).

--KP