ADSM-L

AW: Problems restoring directory security on NT

1997-08-21 07:55:22
Subject: AW: Problems restoring directory security on NT
From: "Bartl, Michael" <michael.bartl AT ZENTRALE.ADAC DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 12:55:22 +0100
I got it!
While testing with a locally created directory structure ADSM restored
the right security entries, even when I restored to an extra mounted
$-Share on another server - seemed very strange.
I then restored the structure (from the error case, see below) directly
at the server - and it worked.
All together this lead to following theory:

ADSM fails to restore the security entry of a directory when the entry
contains rights for a usergroup local to the server and the restore
process is submitted on a different machine.
The restore of the entries to be inherited by new files in the directory
tries to set invalid values (seen from the client), therefor runs into
an error (not shown in any log...) and the default values find their way
into the directory security (= dir inherits values from parent dir).

Regards,
Michael
--
Michael H. Bartl