ADSM-L

Question regarding restore on AIX

1997-08-20 10:14:55
Subject: Question regarding restore on AIX
From: Naveed Mustafa <Naveed_Mustafa AT MCKINSEY DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 10:14:55 -0400
Hi there,

I am trying to restore the backup performed on one ADSM AIX client (node 1)
to a different ADSM AIX client (node 2).  I ran the set access command on
node 1.  Now, when I try to restore or even query backup on node 2 for a
specific directory of node 1, it gives me message that the directory or
files do not match, though I am able to successfully run the query backup
command and see the files that I want to restore on node 1.  I am issuing
the following command on node 2:

     query backup -fromnode=node1 -fromdate=08/15/97 <directory structure>

Do I have to update the dsm.opt file on node 2 with additional parameter
NODENAME=node1 before I run the above command or is there anything that I
am not doing right?

I am running ADSM server version of 2.1.0.12 and client version of
2.1.0.12.

All suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Naveed.