ADSM-L

ADSM Thruput?

1997-08-20 23:08:52
Subject: ADSM Thruput?
From: Anthony Field <field AT CANBERRA.STARWAY.NET DOT AU>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 20:08:52 -0700
Hi,

We are currently evaluating ADSM using MVS as the server and would like to
backup Netware (100Gb), Notes on NT (50gb) & SAP/R3 on SUN (200Gb). We are
particularly concerned about thruput with TCP/IP on MVS. Assuming the above
servers will be connected to our CMOS boxes via OSA using FDDI or ATM. What
sort of thruput can we reasonably expect using TCP/IP on the mainframe.
Should we even bother with this approach (ie MVS) or would it be better to
run the ADSM server on a sun box and SCSI connect drives into our existing
silos etc.

Any ideas/thoughts or experiences would be extremely helpful.

thanks

Tony