ADSM-L

NCR/ATT client - Can IBM correct this please...

1997-08-18 10:18:41
Subject: NCR/ATT client - Can IBM correct this please...
From: Christian Bolik <bolik AT DE.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 14:18:41 +0000
You're right, this was supposed to be corrected a long time ago.
The problem with the NCR package on the FTP server is twofold:

1.) It is not compressed, even though it has the .Z extension.

2.) The README contains an error in the installation instructions:
"pkgadd -d ./IP20992.pkg" should read "pkgadd -d `pwd`/IP20992.pkg"
because the pkgadd utility requires the absolute path to the installation
package.

Sorry about these problems, I'll have them fixed ASAP.

Regards,
                     Christian

> I downloaded the AT&T client from ftp.cac.psu.edu but could
> not install it.
>
> 1) It claimed to be compressed, but wasn't.
> 2) When I tried running it through pkgadd anyway I get:
> Installation in progress.  Do not remove the installation
> media.
>
> pkgadd: ERROR: attempt to process datastream failed
>     - open of <att_v2r1m6_IP20992_pkg> failed, errno=2
> pkgadd: ERROR: could not process datastream from
> <att_v2r1m6_IP20992_pkg>
>
> Does anyone have any gueses about where to get a good
> package for NCR/AT&T unix 2.3?
>
> Thanks,
> Kai.

Christian Bolik