ADSM-L

Re: ADSM database restore taking a l-l-l-o-o-o-n-n-n-g-g-g time

1997-08-14 22:15:49
Subject: Re: ADSM database restore taking a l-l-l-o-o-o-n-n-n-g-g-g time
From: Trevor Foley <Trevor.Foley AT BANKERSTRUST.COM DOT AU>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 12:15:49 +1000
Trevor Foley@BT_AUSTRALIA
15/08/97 12:15

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the response. At least now we are comfortable that the restore
times that we are seeing are abnormal and that there is something wrong
with what we are doing or the setup of our system, rather than 'that's the
way it is'.

Our db disks are 3 x 4.1gb SSA and 1 x 4.1gb scsi.

All of the 3590s have their own dedicated scsi controller.

When you do your restore, does it first format the recovery log? On our
restore we get lots of messages (every 4mb of a 2gb log) saying that the
recovery log is being formatted. Which is a resonable thing to do I guess.
The restore doesn't wait until the recovery log format is complete however
so it isn't too bad.

regards,

Trevor