ADSM-L

Re: Activity Log and Y2K

1997-08-13 23:38:10
Subject: Re: Activity Log and Y2K
From: Paul Zarnowski <vkm AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 23:38:10 -0400
Andy,

You know, it is really unfortunate that ADSM discarded the DATEFORMAT
option on the
AIX (and apparently Sun) platform.  This has created more problems for us
than it is going to solve, and it will continue to create more problems for
us as we approach the millenium.  Is there any possibility that the
DATEFORMAT option could be re-instated in a future PTF in some upward
compatible way?  All that was needed was to add an option to DATEFORMAT
that would have allowed ADSM to defer to AIX's date format, instead of
insisting on using AIX's date format.  As it is now, these two
platforms now stand apart from the other ADSM clients, in that they do not
support any type of DATEFORMAT options (at least, this is true on AIX - I
have not check Sun).

..Paul