ADSM-L

Re: ADSM database restore taking a l-l-l-o-o-o-n-n-n-g-g-g time

1997-08-14 07:30:51
Subject: Re: ADSM database restore taking a l-l-l-o-o-o-n-n-n-g-g-g time
From: "Pittson, Timothy ,HiServ/NA" <tpittson AT HIMAIL.HCC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 07:30:51 -0400
Trevor,
        Our configuration is similar (RS6000 model R30 dual processors, 3590's
,etc.)... it takes about 70 minutes to back up our 12 GB database (85%
full).  We've  done one test at our disaster recovery site.  We restored
what was at the time a 10 GB database (80% full) on an RS6000 model 990
with a 3590 tape drive in approximately 50 minutes. I was pleasantly
surprised as I was expecting this to take 2-3 hours.  Not sure why it's
taking so much longer on your database restore... what kind of disk
drives are you using for your database?  Is the 3590 on a separate SCSI
controller ?

Regards...
Tim Pittson
tpittson AT himail.hcc DOT com