ADSM-L

WIN95/NT Client Install Problem

1997-08-13 12:07:04
Subject: WIN95/NT Client Install Problem
From: Allan Wade <wade AT IBM DOT NET>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 16:07:04 GMT
Has anyone installed the latest 31bit Windows client (95/NT)?
 I just downloaded it from  IBM. When I installed it (on Win95) the EXclude list
in DSM.OPT does not look like it is tailored for WIN95, more like NT.  Also when
we try to connect to the host (MVS) via TCP/IP, my Internet Dialer fires up
instead of going to the host. Naturally we end up getting a TCPip communication
failure.
I don't have the latest Windows Client book. Is there some additional options
the need specified. The dialer problem has happened on 3 different Win95
machines.

Thanks.  Allan